On this page
If you run an ecommerce site on the Wix platform, adding a Return and Refund Policy to your site will help both your business and your shoppers.
A Return and Refund Policy is where you let your customers or potential customers know the ins and outs of things like how to initiate a return, what the return process looks like, how you issue refunds, and any exceptions to returnable items.
Follow these quick and easy steps to add your policy to your Wix website and link it to your website's footer.
If you don't yet have a Return and Refund Policy, our Return and Refund Policy Generator will help you create your own custom policy in just minutes.
Use our Return & Refund Policy Generator to generate a Return and Refund Policy for your store. Just follow these steps:
At Step 1, select where your Return & Refund Policy will be used.
At Step 2, add information about your website/app and business.
Answer some questions about your business practices.
Enter an email address where you'd like to receive your Return and Refund Policy and click "Generate."
Done! You'll be able to instantly access and download your new Return and Refund Policy.
When Should My Wix Website Have a Return and Refund Policy
Your Wix website should have a Return and Refund Policy in place whenever you have an ecommerce component. If people are able to purchase anything on your Wix site, posting a Return and Refund Policy will be a crucially important part of your site.
When people purchase things, there will inevitably be a portion of your customers who aren't satisfied for one reason or another and wish to return their purchased item for a refund. Posting a Return and Refund Policy will allow you to set out the terms of returns, and your process for issuing refunds.
For example, here's how Bliss addresses timeframes for returns, how refunds will be issued, and what the deadline is for returning items. It also notes that customers must pay for return shipping since no pre-paid return labels are provided:
If you choose not to accept returns or issue refunds, some regions have laws stating that you must disclose this to shoppers. A Return and Refund Policy is the perfect place to disclose your "All Sales Final" policy.
Here's an example of how this can look:
If you want to take control of your return and refund process while keeping your customers informed of how to initiate a return and what to expect during the refund process, we recommend you create a Return and Refund Policy, then add it to your Wix site and link it to your site's footer using the following steps.
How to Add a Return and Refund Policy to your Wix Website
After you have your Return and Refund Policy finalized, add a new page to your Wix website where the text of your policy will go.
Here's how you add a new page to your Wix site and add your Return and Refund Policy to it.
- Log in to Wix.
- In the Wix Dashboard, click on Edit Site:
- When the home page opens, click on Menus & Pages on the left side of the Editor:
- In the Site Pages Menu, click on + Add Page at the bottom of the panel:
- Enter the name for the new page as "Return and Refund Policy" and click Done:
- While on the new created Return and Refund Policy page, click on the 3 dots to open the page menu and go to Settings:
- Under the Page Info section, toggle the hide from menu button to be active. Close the editor windows:
- While you're on the newly created page, click on + Add on the left side of the editor:
- When the Add to Site editor opens, scroll down and choose Embed Code, then click on Embed HTML on the right side:
Now you need to add text to your Return and Refund Policy page.
If you do not have a Return and Refund Policy, you can use our Return and Refund Policy Generator and create it within minutes.
- Once you have the Return and Refund Policy created by TermsFeed, let's get the policy text. On the download page, under the Copy your Return and Refund Policy section, click on Copy this to clipboard:
- Go back to the Wix Editor and double-click on the HTML box so that the HTML Settings window opens. Then just paste the code and click the Update button:
- You're done!
Now that you've added a new page for your Return and Refund Policy, you can ensure your users can access it at any time by adding a link to it to your Wix site's footer. The footer is the most common place where ecommerce stores place important links, and customers know to look here for such things.
Link to Return and Refund Policy from Wix Website Footer
Here's how to add a link to your Wix site's footer that will link directly to your Return and Refund Policy.
- Log in to Wix.
- In the Wix Dashboard, click on Edit Site:
- Scroll down to the footer of the home page and then go to + in order to Add more elements to your footer:
- When the Add to Site editor opens, click Text, then Themed Text and choose, for example, Paragraph:
- Drag the text element to the bottom of the page (as close to the footer as it goes) and click Move To Footer:
- After you place the text box in the footer, double-click the Text box in order to edit the text. Type in "Return and Refund Policy," select it and click on the link icon of the text editor:
When the link opens, choose Web Address:
In order to get the Return and Refund Policy URL link, go to the TermsFeed Return and Refund Policy Generator to create the policy and get the hosted policy URL.
- Once you have the Return and Refund Policy created by TermsFeed,let's get the policy text. In the Link to your Return and Refund Policy section, click on the green Copy button:
- Go back to the Wix editor and paste the link into the Web Address field:
- Click Done.
How to Add Legal Policies for Wix Store on Product and Checkout Page
Adding a Return and Refund Policy to your Wix website will help customers and potential customers understand what your rules, restrictions and procedures are for accepting returns and issuing refunds. It will help them manage expectations, and know which items they cannot return.
This will help keep customers happy while helping your customer retention rate.
If you don't yet have a Return and Refund Policy, create one today using our Return and Refund Generator. Then, follow our simple instructions above to help display your policy on your Wix website.